Friday, September 25, 2009

Luke vs. the Doc

Well, today was the dreaded day of vaccination shots for Luke. I was lucky that Greg was off so he could come with us. My plan was to let Greg hold him that way Luke could blame the pain on Greg and not me (I know that's bad), but I would much rather him be mad at Greg than me. Everything was great. He weighed in at 13 pounds 11 oz. and was 23.3 inches long. He seemed to be meeting the check list of things that he suppose to be doing at this age. Then came the time for shots! Greg held on to him, and they ended up sticking him in both legs. I felt sorry for the little guy (no lidocaine and those needles were big). I had to chuckle when Greg looked at the doc and wanted to know the needle size, and then suggested a smaller less painful size (It's great having a husband that deals with this kind of stuff daily). I quickly had to explain that Greg was an Anesthesiologist and not a drug dealer. The doc was looking suspicous when he started talking needle sizes. Luke didn't seem to mind though. He let out one little cry, and then I gave him a bottle. He was laughing after that. What can I say my kid loves to eat!

He didn't seem to be very mad at Greg either.

No comments:

Post a Comment