Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Losing My Mind






Ok, so I am really eating my words. Before I became a mom I always made fun of those "over protective" moms. You know the ones that run to the ER for a cough. I of course said I will never be one of those moms. Today I was on the brim of being there. I decided to do some planting in my yard today because it was so nice outside. I put Luke in his stroller, and let Otis run like a mad man. Luke was cooing and playing with his rattle thing. I started messing in the yard and decided to see what Luke was so excited about. That's when I saw a HUGE mosquito sitting on his face. I immediately killed it. I was like Mr. Miagee (on Karate Kid) snatching it with 2 fingers with lightening speed. I showed it no mercy. Luke found it to be very interesting and Otis wanted in on the action too. Then a story popped into my head from the early morning news I had just watched. The first reported west nile case for this year was reported. OH MY GOD I PANICKED! I immediately went in and googled west nile and infants. Then I tried to match the picture of the mosquito to the one that I killed ( I so need to stop watching forensic files). After I really worked myself up, I had no choice but to send Creeper a text message. For

those of you that know Greg you now know that I was DESPERATE. Greg immediately sent a message to me that said please tell me you didn't call the doc on this because you have officially lost your mind. Of course after reading that I realized that I had and that my son was fine. I can't believe how I over reacted on this one. I feel sorry for this poor kid. I will definitely have to stay away from WebMD from now on.

1 comment: